People often think some unresolved issue in my life causes me to shun compliments, games, awards, or the spotlight. Well, I can’t help what others think – I can only be true to myself. Basically, I don’t care for them because I was completely wired to be a stagehand and I’m a damned good one too. It just so happens that left me with zero wiring for the spotlight.
However, to honor the kindness of my friend, Dale AND in honor of Her Royal Highness, The Princess Phoenix’s debut in the world . . . I’ll play a little and answer the first few questions he had to answer. This is as good as it gets with me.
I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Dale B. of Future Daze. Thank you, Dale, for thinking of me.
The Abbreviated Rules (‘cuz you knew I had to)
- Put the award logo/image on your blog and list the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
1. Who are your Top 3 Book Boyfriends or Girlfriends? I’m going with most memorable to me – not ‘boyfriends’
- Jack Dawkins (Oliver Twist)
- Rhett Butler (Gone With the Wind)
- Stanley Kowalski (A Streetcar Named Desire)
2. Using those top three, choose which one you’d want to make out with, one you’d marry, and one you’d have to kill. (Muhahahaha)
- Make out with Rhett Butler
- Marry Jack Dawkins
- Kill Stanley Kowalski
3. EXPLAIN YOURSELF! (Referring to the above question)
- Make out with Rhett Butler because well, he’s an unapologetic and confident scoundrel. I find that kinda irresistible in a man. No doubt my granddad’s influence at work here.
- Marry Jack Dawkins. That was the plan when I was twelve. I understood the Dodger. I knew he did what he had to do to survive. I knew we’d make a hell of a team. Most importantly, I knew what he did wasn’t at all who he was.
- Kill Stanley Kowalski. Because that’s what I would do to rapists if I was allowed to. No matter how the fuck they try justify their action.
4. How badly do you hate me right now for making you kill one of your book boyfriends/girlfriends?
- Not at all.
5. What would you say to the book boyfriend/girlfriend you had to kill right before you did it?
Three Things About Me
- I’m incredibly blessed to have found the love of my life at 17 years old and after forty-two years, still want to jump him when he’s not looking. Take that anyway you want. I do.
- I am fiercely affectionate and demonstrative with the people I love – family and friends. I don’t particularly give a shit what others think about it.
- I am not at all comfortable being the focus of attention. Ever.
- anybody who wants to play